It was another solid week of training. I found some things I definitely need to work on and improved in some areas which will pay dividends down the line.

First up; the velo day recap. Once again I had a solid day with roll-ins and a mediocre day with the other drills. Going forward I’m going to change my drill order and selection a bit. Here are the numbers:

The previous weeks’ average and peak are in parentheses.


Red: 83, 83 (A 83, P 84)

Yellow: 87, 89, 88 (A 87, P 89)

Gray: 94, 94, 94, 94 (A 92.1, P 94)


Red: 77, 76 (A 77.8, P 79)

Yellow: 81, 79 (A 81.9, P 84)

Gray: 86, 86 (A 85.8, P 88)

As you can see my roll-ins were pretty solid, and I decided to go for it with the gray ball because I was so close to a PR.

I’ve gotten in my own head with my other drills a bit so I’ll be using some variation in my drill order and the specific drills I’m using. My patterning is still not where it needs to be, but I think that getting to some higher intensity throwing more consistently will help with that. My patterns look much better when I’m trying to throw hard than when I’m specifically working on low intent patterning.

Low intensity patterning work is important as well and I definitely can’t throw max effort every day. However, now that I’m fully on ramped and feeling healthy I’m going to add in a second higher intensity day.

In the weight room I hit some PR numbers on a med ball variation and my jumping variations were feeling better. My power is improving, which is exciting and I can’t wait to see what happens when I start throwing off the mound.

Anyway, thank you for following me on my journey to the show and check back later this week for more content!