High intensity throwing is commonly included in velocity development programs, but most athletes and coaches don’t understand why it improves velocity. In this article for Simplifaster I discuss the specifics of the mechanisms of adaptation so that coaches and athletes can make better training decisions.
Get all the new content right away!
Recent Blog Posts
- Differentiating the Training for Segments of a High Velocity Delivery
- Gaining 13mph in 13 Months: The Hayden Hair Story
- Improve Your Throwing Velocity: Extensive Plyometrics for the Upper Body
- Why Training to Failure Inhibits the Development of Throwing Velocity
- Mechanisms of Adaptation to High Velocity Throwing